Sunday, February 11, 2007

Introduction

Welcome to my blog! My name is Terre Parker, host of a blog about life in (West) Houston, Texas. I will start out by telling you about the area I live in, and hope to eventually introduce you to the remainder of the city and the culture as well.

I live in the Houston West Energy Corridor, which is currently booming with new buildings, construction on Interstate 10, hotels, restaurants and commerce in general. I have lived in the area for over 20 years and have watched my neighborhood bloom with different cultures, foods, people, parks and places. What once felt like a small town, has now grown into a more regionally recognized area, especially in the oil and gas industry.

We have most of the major corporate oil, gas and chemical companies nearby, including: BP, ExxonMobil Chemical, Citgo, Conoco-Phillips, Shell, and associated engineering, drilling, marine, seismic, and geophysical companies.

No comments: