Monday, February 19, 2007

Talk to your Teen @ Dimassi's

My stepmom had graciously given me a couple of $20 gift certificates to Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet for Christmas. I used the last of the two gift certificates this past Saturday, and enjoyed treating myself and my two almost 15 year old sons (one mine, one my son's best friend) to lunch out.

Located on I-10 southside feeder road between Kirkwood and Wilcrest, you pay for your buffet meal at the front door in the amount of $8.00 per person. From there, you are allowed full access to two huge buffet tables of food ranging from greek salad, tabouleh, stuffed grape leaves and my favorite hummus, to the hot buffet items on the second buffet which include items such as mustard chicken, creamed spinach, lentils with rice and shredded beef. Mind you, I'm somewhat of a picky eater, so if it looks too "out there", I'm not likely to eat it.

Not to be forgotten was the attendant at the brick oven who was baking or reheating pita breads. And, if you haven't fully indulged yourself by the time you've eaten one plateful of food, try out some of the lucious sweet treats like yogurt bread and baklava. Grab a cup of coffee and to me it's a perfect day.

The best thing I like about taking my "sons" to this restaurant is the conversation that ensues. Arabic videos are playing in the background, sometimes with a theme that seems to be mimicking President Bush. If ever you wanted to draw your teenager out of himself, take them to Dimassi's. The environment is very family friendly and if you enjoy lively conversation, you're likely to enjoy one here.

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv0993.asp

No comments: