Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I-10 Construction Blues: "The Pit"

The local news is calling this intersection "the pit". What am I referring to? The horrible intersection at Interstate 10 West and the Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8).

The old sky high ramps from the Beltway 8 feeding onto I-10 are coming down to make way for new feeder ramps that will accommodate the new eight lane monolith that will eventually become the new I-10.

I don't know why Texas DOT couldn't have planned all of this out 20 years ago, as it seems a HUGE waste of time and money, not to mention a big headache for Houston commuters. I certainly wish that Houston METRO had put a train, monorail or some form of mass transit down one of our busiest corridors. It certainly might have kept me working downtown.

Fellow commuters, plan carefully...this intersection will be "the pits" for approximately the next eight months, and it does flood when we get heavy rains.

For more info, connect to Houston Transtar: ttp://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx

No comments: